30 Odd 6 is your weekly feature focusing on the 30th driver in the Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series. Like last the past couple weeks, we’re focusing on 6 odd facts but there’s a couple of twists – we’re focusing on the 32-year-old winner from this week’s Xfinity race.
Name: Jeremy Clements
Hometown: Spartanburg, S.C.
Team: Jeremy Clements Racing
“Odd 6” Facts
- He’s had eight surgeries after suffering a severe hand injury in a July 2004 dirt late model wreck.
- He’s a spokesperson for American Partnership for Eosinophilic Disorders.
- He’s also a spokesperson for Defenders for Children.
- He participates in the Racing for a Cause campaign to benefit APFED.
- He’s donated 10 percent of his race winnings to the Antonia Petrina Tersillo Memorial Scholarship Fund, Back 2 Back Ministries and Motor Racing Outreach.
- I’m cheating yet another time but his grandfather was noted NASCAR owner and mechanic Crawford Clements.