30 Odd 6 is your weekly feature focusing on the 30th driver in the Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series. Just like last week, the attention returns again to the 29th place driver from the drama-filled First Data 500.
Name: Jamie McMurray
Hometown: Joplin, MO
Team: Chip Ganassi Racing
- His house was once featured on the MTV show Cribs.
- His charity, the Jamie McMurray Foundation, is involved with Autism Speaks, among other autism awareness and research foundations, and the Ronald McDonald House Charities.
- He likes cycling, fishing and racing RC cars.
- He’s been married to his wife, Christey, for eight years now.
- They have two kids together, a son named Carter and a daughter named Hazel. Carter actually got stitches earlier this year after an accident in PE.
- He builds the karts that he races with (he still competes in some kart races).