30 Odd 6 is your weekly feature focusing on the 30th driver in the Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series. This week, we’re going with the 33rd-place finisher from Homestead.
Name: Kasey Kahne
Hometown: Enumclaw, WA
Team: Hendrick Motorsports
- He has a two-year-old son named Tanner with his girlfriend.
- When not in the car, he likes working out and working on sprint cars.
- Thinking of working out, he’s been featured in magazines such as Runner’s World, Men’s Journal and ESPN The Magazine’s “Body” issue.
- He created the Kasey Kahne Foundation in 2005 to help support chronically ill kids and their families. Fundraising events include concerts, sprint car races and races such as the Five Kahne, a 5K whose route goes through uptown Charlotte.
- Thinking of philanthropy, he also hosted “The DRIVE” in the Seattle area with Seattle Seahawks quarterback Russell Wilson. The event, which included a concert and golf tournament, raised awareness for the Boys & Girls Clubs of King County and proceeds went to help feeding youth and teaching them about living healthy lifestyles.
- He was also named to the President’s Council on Service & Civic Participation by President Bush in 2006.