Remember 30 Odd 6 during the season, which focused on the 30th driver in the Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series? This is the same idea, only for retiring or retired drivers instead. This week’s driver quietly announced his retirement at the end of 2016 but did a couple Xfinity Series races in 2017 with Richard Childress Racing.
Name: Brian Scott
Hometown: Boise, ID
Team: Richard Petty Motorsports
- He has two kids with his wife, Whitney.
- Away from the car, he’s got a whole host of hobbies – he enjoys fishing, boating, snowmobiling, snow skiing, hunting, motorcycles, video games, extreme sports and golf.
- Thinking of boats and being near the water, his dad is a former National Champion jet boat racer.
- He’s now working for a company that sells tires, wheels and other car accessories.
- Last year, he finally got his pilot’s license.
- He’s one smart cookie as well – turns out he graduated high school as an honors student with a 4.0 GPA.