30 Odd 6 is your weekly feature focusing on the 30th driver in the Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series. This week, we’re going back to the 30th place finisher from the Bristol race.
Name: Martin Truex Jr
Hometown: Mayetta, NJ
Team: Furniture Row Racing
- When not in the car, he enjoys fishing, hunting, building/racing radio-control boats and riding four-wheelers.
- He and girlfriend Sherry Pollex started the Martin Truex Jr Foundation together to help fund initiatives specific to ovarian and childhood cancers and help those affected by said cancers.
- The main event each year for the foundation is Catwalk for a Cause, which is a fashion show and auction with drivers and their wives/girlfriends modeling the latest spring fashions as well as highlighting children currently undergoing cancer treatment.
- The foundation is part of both the Rare Cancer Coalition and the Ovarian Cancer National Alliance.
- Martin is a fan of all Philadelphia pro sports franchises, specifically the Eagles and Flyers.
- He used to work on a clam boat for his dad’s seafood business.